RE: Deprecate custom encoding conversions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com
Subject RE: Deprecate custom encoding conversions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
From: Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>
> Tsunakawa-san, could you post a link to this article, if possible?  I am curious
> about their problem and why they used CREATE CONVERSION as a way to
> solve it.  That's fine even if it is in Japanese.

I just pulled info from my old memory in my previous mail.  Now the following links seem to be relevant.  (They should
bedifferent from what I saw in the past.)

https://ml.postgresql.jp/pipermail/pgsql-jp/2007-January/013103.html

https://teratail.com/questions/295988

IIRC, the open source Postgres extension EUDC also uses CREATE CONVERSION.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa