createuser problem in 7.3.4 on Linux - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Paul Power
Subject createuser problem in 7.3.4 on Linux
Date
Re: createuser problem in 7.3.4 on Linux
List pgsql-admin
I have been following the basic install process for Linux.<br /><br /> As user postgres I have run initdb. I create a
usernamed Administrator via the createuser script. All goes well and I get the response CREATE USER.<br /> Then I try:
Notethe last error has "administrator" rather than "Administrator".<br /><br /> Does anybody have any idea what is
happening?If not, does anybody know if it is possible to undo the initdb, so that I can create a new Linux user
byTrustMail. For more information on TrustMail, contact details can be found at www.energis.com .This email and any
attachmentsmay be confidential and the subject of legal professional privilege. Any disclosure, use, storage or copying
ofthis email without the consent of the sender is strictly prohibited. The views expressed within are those of the
individualand not necessarily those of the company.<br /> Please notify the Sender immediately if you are not the
intendedrecipient and then delete the email from your inbox and do not disclose the contents to another person, use,
copyor store the information in any medium.<br />