Using double quotes in create table statement! - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Israel Calderon
Subject Using double quotes in create table statement!
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hello I am currently analyzing a db schema and ran across something which I
am not familiar with. The table name within the create statement is enclosed
within double quotes as well as a column within the table. Heres the format:

CREATE TABLE "xyz"(
act_act character varying (40),
"action" character varying (30),
st_id uniqueidentifier DEFAULT newid() NOT NULL
);

The "xyz" and "action" portions of this create statement I do not
understand. Can anyone elaborate on this? Much appreciated!