Invalid precision for money datatype - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From SriRaghu Sai Kasyap
Subject Invalid precision for money datatype
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Hi,

We have a table created in Postgres database with money datatype and observed that the precision is shown as 2147483647 using a Java program. I am using Postgres driver jar postgresql-9.4-1203.jdbc42.jar and database version is 9.4.5.

I understand that the money datatype is locale specific and will not work similar to numeric columns, but we need the following information.

  1. How to get the locale for the money datatype column?
  2. How to get the precision and scale for the column given a locale?

Please answer the above questions.

Regards,

Kasyap