pgAgent Jobs on replica - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Greg Bryant
Subject pgAgent Jobs on replica
Date
List pgadmin-support

I have several pgAgent jobs that run on the ‘master’ database.  They fail on the replica since it’s a ‘read-only’ connection.  I’m creating a couple jobs to run some bash scripts but I don’t want them to run on the replica server.

Is there a way to prevent pgAgent jobs from executing on the replica server?  Wrap all the jobs in an ‘if’ statement to check if the server is in_recovery?  Disable the daemon on the replica server?

I’m currently running PostgreSQL 11 with pgAgent 4.

Thanks,

Greg

Sent from Mail for Windows 10