Re: How to create an ODBC datasource in CI - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Jon Raiford
Subject Re: How to create an ODBC datasource in CI
Date
List pgsql-odbc

I’m not familiar with GitHub Actions, but I know you can create data sources from the command line. This is all stored in the registry, which you can update using the reg command.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/reg

The easiest thing to do may be to create a data source manually and export it into a .reg file. You can then either import the data source using the reg file or just use it as a template to add the entries as you like.

Just run Regedit and locate the data source you would like to export.

64-bit System Data Sources: \\HKLM\SOFTWARE\ODBC\

32-bit System Data Sources: \\HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\ODBC\

64-bit User Data Sources: \\HKCU\SOFTWARE\ODBC\

32-bit User Data Sources: \\HKCU\SOFTWARE\ODBC\     <- This is mixed in with the 64-bit entries and the driver referenced determines if 32/64

Drivers are defined under the system keys under the section ODBCINST.INI. Data sources are defined under the section ODBC.INI, both as a folder containing the details of the data source as well as an entry under “ODBC.INI\ODBC Data Sources”, which associates the data source with the driver to use with it.

I think if you view these entries in Regedit you will see the relationships between everything. It may help to create a data source for each type.

The above describes how to create a static ODBC data source. Alternatively you can use a file DSN or simply make a connection string from your test case and avoid the data source completely. Although I suppose you may want to do each in order to test each possibility.

Let me know if you have any questions or need assistance.

Jon