Re: Need a way to configure encoding - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Jon Raiford
Subject Re: Need a way to configure encoding
Date
List pgsql-odbc

From what I understand, in recent versions of Windows you can enable UTF8 Win32 API support. Then the ODBC “A” (not “W”) calls will work with UTF8. The conversion, if needed, happens in the driver manager or in the OS. On MacOS and Linux I believe you can already use the “A” calls to do this.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/design/globalizing/use-utf8-code-page

Jon

From: Dave Cramer <davecramer@postgres.rocks>
Date: Tuesday, August 13, 2024 at 2:41
PM
To: Abhishek Kumar <abhishek.aak0@gmail.com>, PostgreSQL mailing lists <pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: Need a way to configure encoding

Hi Abhishek,

Unfortunately, no not without considerable work in the driver.

On Tue, 13 Aug 2024 at 10:50, Abhishek Kumar <abhishek.aak0@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes. I am indeed using the Unicode version of the driver. I am constrained to use it. Is there a possibility where we can configure something to get SQL_VARCHAR instead of SQL_WVARCHAR for varchar column in the UNICODE driver?

Regards,

Abhishek Kumar