Create table with primary key and notices with DBD::Pg 0.95 - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Philip Molter
Subject Create table with primary key and notices with DBD::Pg 0.95
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
This probably isn't a problem with DBD::Pg per se, but it's something that
doesn't appear to be working properly with that, so ...

When you create a table with a primary key, you get the dreaded warning:
 NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index 'tablename_pkey' for table 'tablename'

Is there ANY way to shut this warning off?  I'm working on a large-scale
dynamic database system that periodically creates its own tables, and these
notices are filling up my log files with garbage.  Passing 'PrintError' => 0
to the DBI->connect() method shuts off every other warning, but apparently
this one is being printed directly to STDERR, probably from inside a
library, but I can't be sure.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Philip