RE: Max number of WAL files in pg_xlog directory for Postgres 9.2version - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Johnes Castro
Subject RE: Max number of WAL files in pg_xlog directory for Postgres 9.2version
Date
List pgsql-general
1 wal by default occupies 16MB.
The parameter in version 9.2 that controls this is: wal_keep_segments

By setting the parameter to 10, the maximum size of the US pg_xlog will be 160MB.

Best Regards,
Johnes Castro

De: Johnes Castro <johnescm@hotmail.com>
Enviado: quarta-feira, 5 de setembro de 2018 15:48
Para: Raghavendra Rao J S V; pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org
Assunto: RE: Max number of WAL files in pg_xlog directory for Postgres 9.2 version

Hi,

This page in the documentation can help you.
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/wal-configuration.html

Best Regards,
Johnes Castro
29.4. WAL Configuration. There are several WAL-related configuration parameters that affect database performance.This section explains their use. Consult Chapter 18 for general information about setting server configuration parameters.. Checkpoints are points in the sequence of transactions at which it is guaranteed that the heap and index data files have been updated with all information ...
www.postgresql.org