Re: Request for 7.0 JDBC status - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Joachim Achtzehnter
Subject Re: Request for 7.0 JDBC status
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Today, Bruce Momjian wrote in an email addressed to Joachim Achtzehnter:

> Interesting.  It does compile under kaffe 1.05, but the mutually
> dependent java files cause a compile error.  Seems 6.5.3 had the same
> problem, so I am not sure why it would have worked then.

Well, it is conceivable that I was actually compiling it with jikes, and
only used Kaffe to run it. In fact, now that I think of it, this is most
likely what I did. Even then, with some version of the driver I had to
patch a runtime version check to make it behave as if Kaffe was a 1.1 JVM.

It is true that Kaffe has a number of problems. Nevertheless, given that
it is licensed under the GPL some people prefer it over the alternatives
even if it has some drawbacks.

Joachim

--
joachim@kraut.bc.ca   (http://www.kraut.bc.ca)