Re: Request for 7.0 JDBC status - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Request for 7.0 JDBC status
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
> Today, Bruce Momjian wrote in an email addressed to Joachim Achtzehnter:
> >
> > Interesting.  It does compile under kaffe 1.05, but the mutually
> > dependent java files cause a compile error.  Seems 6.5.3 had the same
> > problem, so I am not sure why it would have worked then.
>
> Well, it is conceivable that I was actually compiling it with jikes, and
> only used Kaffe to run it. In fact, now that I think of it, this is most
> likely what I did. Even then, with some version of the driver I had to
> patch a runtime version check to make it behave as if Kaffe was a 1.1 JVM.
>
> It is true that Kaffe has a number of problems. Nevertheless, given that
> it is licensed under the GPL some people prefer it over the alternatives
> even if it has some drawbacks.

Starting the kaffe 1.05, they now use KOPI as their java compiler. I
have contacted them about the problem to see if they can help.

This is clearly a kaffe-related problem, and not a problem with our
jdbc, which is good news.

Pennsylvania19026