Re: [GENERAL] Postgres CGI Security Problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Maarten Boekhold
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Postgres CGI Security Problem
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, 9 Aug 1998, Dustin Sallings wrote:

> > > Chris Hardie writes:
> > >  > In anycase, I'm using the Postgres.pm module with PERL, and it doesn't
> > >  > seem to support the passing of a username/password pair (correct me if
> > >  > I'm wrong) from a CGI script.  I'll attempt to code that, unless
> > >  > someone has done it already.
> >
> > Actually Pg.pm *does* allow you to connect with a username/password. If
> > you use the 'new-style' methods of Pg.pm, do $db->connect("dbname=..
> > user=.. password=..");. If you use the 'old-style' (like I do), use
> > PQconnectdb()  with the same arguments.
>
>     He said Postgres.pm, not Pg.pm.  There are three modules (that I've
> used anyway) to do Postgres connectivity via perl:
>
>     Pg.pm       (ugly, too C like for perl)
>     Postgres.pm (very perl like)
>     DBD::Pg     (best way to go, very similar to Postgres.pm)

Ah, I didn't know if any Postgres.pm, so I assumed he ment Pg.pm. I've
seen ppl making that mistake several times (saying Postgres.pm when they
ment Pg.pm).

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems  |
|                   Department of Electrical Engineering                    |
|           Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section             |
|                          M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl                         |