Re: [HACKERS] Need some help on code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Maarten Boekhold
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Need some help on code
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> >             HeapTid = &ScanResult->heap_iptr;
> >             pfree(ScanResult);
>                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Hmmm, at this point, HeapTid is a pointer to what?

I have no idea :) I think I missed the '&' in front of ScanResult, and
thus figured that HeapTid would still be valid after the pfree().

> >                 heap_insert(LocalNewHeap, LocalHeapTuple);
> >             ReleaseBuffer(LocalBuffer[count]);
>
> So here we ReleaseBuffer(LocalBuffer[count]) which if there are more than
> one LocalBuffer[] that are in fact the same buffer will release the buffer
> multiple times.

Well, I don't even know what 'LocalBuffer' is. It would be nice if there
would be some documentation describing the access methods with all
structs and types etc. that they use.

Thanx for trying to explain things,

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems  |
|                   Department of Electrical Engineering                    |
|           Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section             |
|                          M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl                         |