Re: Connecting website with SQL-database..... - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Margarita Barvinok
Subject Re: Connecting website with SQL-database.....
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, J.Post wrote:

> I've been looking on the internet for 2 hours for information how to connect
> my SQL database to my website. I didn't find what I was looking for, this is
> my problem............
> I have got a form on my site, that can be filled in by visitors. I want the
> results automatically being written in my sql database, does anybody know
> how to do this???

I've wrote C programs (CGI).
I use embedded SQL for interface with database and POST method to get
information from web.
There are many free CGI scripts (C & Perl) on this website:
http://cgi.resourceindex.com/Programs_and_Scripts/
I can share my programs but this is my first experience with CGI/Web/SQL,
so programs are not elegant.
-Rita

Margarita Barvinok                University of Michigan
System Administrator II           Department of Biology
brita@umich.edu