Re: BUG #1865: isinf wrongly dectected under Solaris 9 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Bob Friesenhahn
Subject Re: BUG #1865: isinf wrongly dectected under Solaris 9
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Sat, 10 Sep 2005, Tom Lane wrote:

> Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen@simple.dallas.tx.us> writes:
>> Ugh.  I do think that readline 5.0 itself has a minor bug in that ldd
>> on libreadline.so does not show a dependency on the curses library,
>> even though it is obviously required.  This means that the linkage of
>> libreadline.so is incomplete.
>
> That's fairly standard I fear.  Certainly libreadline is like that on
> my Fedora machine (and it doesn't stop our configure script from getting
> it right).
>
> It may be that the presence of both libedit and libreadline is what's
> messing things up.  I seem to recall fixing configure to deal with that
> [ digs in logs ... ] oh, here we go:

That certainly seems like a reasonable conclusion.  I would be
perfectly happy to use libedit rather than libreadline, but I wrongly
assumed that without it command line editing would not function.

Thanks for identifying the cause of the problem.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
bfriesen@simple.dallas.tx.us, http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/