Re: BUG #1865: isinf wrongly dectected under Solaris 9 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Bob Friesenhahn
Subject Re: BUG #1865: isinf wrongly dectected under Solaris 9
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
>> The config.log and a build log are attached.
>
> It's puzzling why the test program compiles and links without complaint
> when the isinf() function does not exist.  Can you try to isolate the
> test program from configure and see what is going on?

I will see what I can do when I find the time.  I do recall
encountering one other package which had this identical problem but I
don't recall what that package was.  It seems likely that it is
somehow related to using GCC 4.0.1.

>> Note that there are
>> actually two bugs in the build but the build terminates due to the
>> isinf bug.  The failure to link due to -lreadline needing -lcurses
>> does not occur until later.
>
> In the logs you sent, configure decides to use -ledit, which is
> something different altogether.

Ugh.  I do think that readline 5.0 itself has a minor bug in that ldd
on libreadline.so does not show a dependency on the curses library,
even though it is obviously required.  This means that the linkage of
libreadline.so is incomplete.

% ldd /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so.5
warning: ldd: /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so.5: is not executable
         libgcc_s.so.1 =>         /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
         libc.so.1 =>     /lib/libc.so.1
         libdl.so.1 =>    /lib/libdl.so.1
         /usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500/lib/libc_psr.so.1

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
bfriesen@simple.dallas.tx.us, http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/