Re: Addition and subtraction on BIT type - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Yasir Malik
Subject Re: Addition and subtraction on BIT type
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello,
I think I am almost at a solution to my last question.  I can do
select int4(a) from test;
to convert to an integer.  So now addition and
subtraction can be done between bit types.  But how do I convert back to
BIT type?  If I do
select bit(int4(b'1001'));

I get the following message:
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "int4" at character 12

Can anyone tell me why the bit function is not working?  It's under the
pg_catalog schema.
Thanks,
Yasir