Re: HOOKS for Synchronous Replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: HOOKS for Synchronous Replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 11:03:45AM +0100, Alfranio Correia Junior wrote:
>
> Alfranio,
>
>> The implementation of a set of hooks for efficient synchronous replication
>> without extensive patching of Postgresql source is now available at:
>>
>>     http://gorda.di.uminho.pt/community/

> Also there are some changes that you certainly don't want committed.
> For example why are you removing the TransState from xact.c?

That puzzled me too, until I noticed that it's not removed, just moved to
xact.h. The current transaction state is exposed in a new
getCurrentTransactionState function, that's why TransState has to be in a
header file...

I just took a quick glance, I can't say why it's that way.

- Heikki