Re: [GENERAL] Read values from Trigger out - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nilesh A. Phadke
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Read values from Trigger out
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello Thomas,
 I have used the same thing and it does work for me.... I was also getting
similar problems initially....

What does your trigger do? does it insert a tuple back into the table? if
yes then that is your problem ... coz the insert will fire another trigger
and this may continue endlessly....

Nilesh.

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Thomas Egge wrote:

> I have created a trigger function.
>
> could somebody tell me how I get the values from the insert in the trigger
> function.
> I tried the function
>
> SPI_getvalue(trigger,tupdesc,attnum)
>
> but after starting the trigger, I become this terminating output:
>
> pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
>         This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
>         before or while processing the request.
> We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing is impossible.  Terminating.
>

> thank's for your help
> --
> Thomas Egge

Your intellect is the best gift given to you by god                |
How you use it decides your gift back to him........               |
Nilesh Phadke                  | e-mail: nilesh@collegemail.com    |
Graduate Research Asstt.       | Phone : (540) 951 8399            |
Department of Computer Science | Addr  : 1011 University City Blvd |
Virginia Tech.                 |         Apt I-7                   |
                               |         Blacksburg, VA 24060      |