Re: [GENERAL] Error connecting database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Frank Miles
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Error connecting database
Date
List pgsql-general
You don't give many details.  I'll assume you're using some variant of
Unix.

[1] Have you checked that the postmaster is running?  Try running 'ps
aux' to check that it is.

[2] Have services been enabled for port 5432?  Check /etc/services.
I have a pair of lines:
    postgres        5432/tcp                        # POSTGRES
    postgres        5432/udp                        # POSTGRES

[3] Do you have permissions to the given database?

[4] When all else fails, you can try running strace on the process.
(Please read the strace man page).

Hope this helps!

    -frank