Refreshing php page every 5 secs WHILE SAVING INFORMATION - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Richie
Subject Refreshing php page every 5 secs WHILE SAVING INFORMATION
Date
Re: Refreshing php page every 5 secs WHILE SAVING INFORMATION  (Grant <grant@conprojan.com.au>)
Re: Refreshing php page every 5 secs WHILE SAVING INFORMATION  (Grant <grant@conprojan.com.au>)
Re: Refreshing php page every 5 secs WHILE SAVING INFORMATION  (Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>)
List pgsql-php
Hi

I have a php page that I need to be rereshed every 5 seconds to make sure
that the information displayed is up to date. I tried the Refresh Meta
tag :
      <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT=5>

which worked OK (in Explorer, not in Netscape?? but thats another issue!)
BUT it doesn't work properly to my needs. You see suppose the page that I
want refreshed is called bidForHouse.php, well bid.php contains a <FORM>
which passes in a variable $id to bidForHouse.php, it works grand the
first time it loads up, i.e. it has obtained what the value of $id is and
can act accordingly but when the refresh comes into operation it is like
the value of $id got lost and is set to null, thats my problem!

Any ideas on how to save the value of $id before refreshing?

Thanks a million, I hope one day that I might be able to contribute to
this page but I can't see it happening for at least a few years, I have a
long way to go!

Richie

Richie Duggan
Computer Science IV