Problem with GRANT - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Raul Carvalho
Subject Problem with GRANT
Date
List pgsql-admin

  Hello,

  I have a small database created by the user demo. This database has some
 views.

  View 'A' uses tables 'X', 'Y', and 'Z' filtered with a column=1;
  View 'B' uses same tables, but filtered with the same column=2;
  View 'C' uses views 'A' and 'B' to get everything.

  Now, with the user demo, all is ok. I recently created other user called
 'outro'. Connecting to the database, it didn't have any access at all. Ok,
 it should be like this. So, I used GRANT on all tables and views to give
 the 'outro' user access.

  I used: GRANT ALL ON A, B, C, X, Y, Z TO outro;

  Now, user 'outro' can select all tables, except the views!!! Why?!

  Example:

     I try to select * from C, it gives ERROR: B: permission denied.
     I tryed select * from B and it gives: ERROR: X: permission denied.
     However, if I select from table 'X' the user has access to it!

     Why is it giving theese permission errors if I've granted all to all
 tables/views?

  Any hints?

  Thanks,
  Raul

 --
 Raul Miguel Pinheiro de Carvalho
 ISR - Instituto de Sistemas e Robotica, Porto