Re: PostgreSQL for VAX on NetBSD/OpenBSD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Klos
Subject Re: PostgreSQL for VAX on NetBSD/OpenBSD
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Well, the fact that initdb didn't produce a working configuration and
> that make installcheck failed to work properly are bad.  But, yeah,
> it's not totally broken.

I think it did create a working configuration (with the exception of
postgresql.conf), because I can run psql and do stuff on the command line:

psql --username=pgsql postgres
psql (9.3.4)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=# CREATE DATABASE test;
CREATE DATABASE
postgres=# CREATE USER testuser WITH PASSWORD 'test';
CREATE ROLE
postgres=# GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON DATABASE test to testuser;
GRANT
postgres=# CREATE SCHEMA testschema;
CREATE SCHEMA
postgres=# CREATE TABLE testschema.testtable (testserial serial PRIMARY
KEY, testchar varchar (100) NOT NULL);
CREATE TABLE

I don't know enough to really test this. Can you recommend a simple script
to do some PostgreSQL testing?

John