Re: Am I crazy or is this SQL not possible - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Yasir Malik
Subject Re: Am I crazy or is this SQL not possible
Date
Re: Am I crazy or is this SQL not possible
Re: Am I crazy or is this SQL not possible
List pgsql-sql
> What I would like to do is simply get the last date_sent and it's
> status for every broadcast.  I can't do a GROUP BY because I can't put
> an aggregate on the status column.
>
> SELECT MAX(date_sent), status
> FROM broadcast_history
> GROUP BY broadcast_id

You could try the following:
select status  from broadcast_history bh where bh.date_sent =       (select max(bh2.date_sent)          from
broadcast_historybh2);

This reminds me of an interview question:  I was asked how to get a
maximum column from a table without using max.  How would you do that?

Thanks,
Yasir