Re: Arrays - a good idea? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Yasir Malik
Subject Re: Arrays - a good idea?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello,
I don't think there's any reason you should use arrays.  You can do
everything using tables, and it probably would be easier to use tables
instead.  Extracting information from arrays is also more
difficult if you're using something like JDBC or the connectivity
available in PHP.  I don't know the criteria of when arrays are necessary,
but I cannot think of an example where arrays are absolutely necessary
Regards,
Yasir