Re: Connection pooling problems - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Curt Sampson
Subject Re: Connection pooling problems
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Didrik Pinte wrote:

> At 04:18  2/4/2003 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> >Is it possible that the application does nothing with the database for
> >an hour or so before the connection is lost?  If there's no traffic for
> >awhile, it could be that the firewall is dropping the connection.
>
> Sure it's possible, but how can i prevent the error ?

If it's the firewall, reconfigure it so that it doesn't need to keep
state for TCP connections between the two machines.

> I think it's the job of the PooledDataSource and not mine.
> Maybe they are some configuration option I did not set well.

There may be a configuration option that has the pool do something
simple on a connection every once in a while to keep it from being
completely idle, but then again, there may not. It's not something
you'd typically need or want.

cjs