Re: Inheritance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Curt Sampson
Subject Re: Inheritance
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> Surely 99% of the implementation problems could be solved with an
> index type that can span tables?

Maybe.

But my problem is not so much that it's broken, as nobody can
explain exactly what "fixed" would be. I mean, completely fixed,
not just one obvious problem fixed.

Just my opinion of course, but I think it would be best to have a
detailed description of how everything in inheritance is supposed to
work, write a set of tests from that, and then fix the implementation to
conform to the tests.

And I think a detailed description comes most easily when you have
a logical model to work from.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.netbsd.org   Don't you know, in this new Dark Age, we're