Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Curt Sampson
Subject Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Don Baccus wrote:

> And views of this sort are trivial to do using PG's OO extensions.

So long as you don't mind them being broken, yeah. But hell, when someone
asks for a unique constraint, they probably don't really mean it, do they?
And what's wrong with multiple records with the same primary key? It's clear
to me now I've been working from the wrong direction; we should leave the OO
stuff and delete the relational stuff from the database instead.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.netbsd.org   Don't you know, in this new Dark Age, we're
alllight.  --XTC