SocketException: "catch me if you can" - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Michael Adler
Subject SocketException: "catch me if you can"
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
I am using a JDBC connection over a PPP connection layer. The pgsql-jdbc
driver throws a SocketException and the databse connection dies. I
consider the ppp layer to be "suspect", but at least it survives this
hiccup. Is it (1) possible (2) a good idea to beef up the driver to handle
this situation? Or should my application logic handle this?

BTW- I'm using the cygwin port of postgresql and therefore I'm using
microsft's dialup software ('rasdial', blech)

Thanks,
Mike Adler

======================================

An I/O error occured while reading from backend - Exception:
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in socket
input stream read

Stack Trace:

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in socket
input stream read
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Native Method)
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at org.postgresql.PG_Stream.ReceiveChar(PG_Stream.java:141)
        at
org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:68)
        at org.postgresql.Connection.ExecSQL(Connection.java:398)
        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.Statement.execute(Statement.java:130)
        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.Statement.executeUpdate(Statement.java:73)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:113)
        at com.ics.eagle.other.RemoteSync.main(RemoteSync.java:324)
End of Stack Trace

        at org.postgresql.PG_Stream.ReceiveChar(PG_Stream.java:147)