Re: reproduced elusive cygwin bug - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Michael Adler
Subject Re: reproduced elusive cygwin bug
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> I said:
> > Hmm.  But pg_internal.init is not held open, or shouldn't be. It
should
> > be read once and immediately closed during backend startup.
>
> Well damn.  init_irels() forgets to close the file.  Will fix for 7.2.
>
> Meanwhile, that still leaves us with a JDBC problem.  Michael, will you
> report that to the pgsql-jdbc list?

Yes, I'll report as soon as I am granted access to that list. The
subscriber hasn't responded with a confirmation, however, after several
hours I started receiving the CYGWIN messages. I guess I'll shortly be on
th JDBC list.

It looks like the JDBC interfaces throws a nasty SQLexception when it
receives any NOTICE (or any message at that point which starts with "N").
I think that's a bug.

Mike Adler