Re: restoring 7.2 data to 7.3dev - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas T. Thai
Subject Re: restoring 7.2 data to 7.3dev
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Thomas T. Thai wrote:
> > i did a pg_dumpall in 7.2, and tried to load that file back into 7.3 snap
> > from today and got many errors. some tables even failed to load. also, in
> > one of my script, LIMIT X,X worked in 7.2, now it gave an error about
> > using LIMIT and OFFSET. did something change there?
>
> Yes, LIMIT #,# will be removed in 7.3, as mentioned in the release
> notes.

relating to this upgrade, i started using tsearch in contrib, and it uses
it's own datatype. i did a pg_dumpall in 7.2 and tried to load the dump
back into 7.3 and noticed that datatypes aren't save properly. i don't
think this is a 7.x issue, but a pg_dumpall issue. how would i go about
getting those datatypes back during the restore or how to save it so i can
restore it back?