Re: [GENERAL] Re: [General] pgsql on win95 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dustin Sallings
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Re: [General] pgsql on win95
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Marten Feldtmann wrote:

# > On Mon, 21 Feb 2000 Elmar.Haneke@gmx.de wrote:
# >
# >     Is there really an interest in spending the extra money for a
# > Windows license to build a less reliable database server?
#
#  Hmmm, try to think about an application, which normally runs on a
# server, but then is also wanted (with much less data) on a notebook
# ...

    My print server and an LDAP slave at home run on a UNIX laptop.
I've also got a Netscape Directory Server on a UNIX laptop at home, but I
don't use it quite as much as the OpenLDAP install on the other laptop.
The laptop I usually keep with me runs Postgres for development on the
road.  It's kinda one of those, ``Choose the right tool for the job''
things.  If a database server is what you want, then Windows 95 probably
isn't.

--
dustin sallings                            The world is watching America,
http://2852210114/~dustin/                 and America is watching TV.