Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] Configuration problems in PostgreSQ L 6.3.2 on Linux-ELF - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] Configuration problems in PostgreSQ L 6.3.2 on Linux-ELF
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, Constantin Teodorescu wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> >
> >         There has to be a better method of determining this...doesn't
> > there?  Is there a test we can add to configure to auto-determine an 'ELF'
> > system?  Then just change the makefile so that it gets rid of the
> > LINUX_ELF "stuff" with something that configure sets?
> >
> >         There, try that.  I have it so that if 'with-template' is
> > linux_elf, it sets LINUX_ELF to yes in both Makefile's...let me know if
> > that does it for you...
>
> I have experimented right now.
>
> I ran ./configure --with-template=linux-elf
> It says that it will use template/linux-elf configuration file but I
> looked into Makefiels in libpq and libpgtcl directories and none of them
> contains LINUX_ELF=true

    This is with just new CVSup'd code? *raised eyebrow*

    There should be (interfaces/libpq/Makefile.in):

# Shared library stuff
shlib :=
install-shlib-dep :=
ifeq ($(PORTNAME), linux)
  LINUX_ELF=@LINUX_ELF@
  ifdef LINUX_ELF
    install-shlib-dep := install-shlib
    shlib := libpq.so.$(SO_MAJOR_VERSION).$(SO_MINOR_VERSION)
    LDFLAGS_SL = -shared -soname libpq.so.$(SO_MAJOR_VERSION)
    CFLAGS += $(CFLAGS_SL)
  endif
endif