Re: [HACKERS] snapshot won't compile on irix6.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] snapshot won't compile on irix6.2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Andrew Martin wrote:

> > [...]
> > linking ./backend/port/tas/i386_solaris.s to backend/port/tas.s
> > linking ./backend/port/dynloader/irix5.c to backend/port/dynloader.c
> > configure: error: ./backend/port/dynloader/irix5.c: File not found
> This seems a little fundamental!!!'

    Fixed now...

> > returns
> > [...]
> > ld64: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "S_INIT_LOCK" -- 1st referenced by
> > storage/SUBSYS.o.
> > ld64: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "S_UNLOCK" -- 1st referenced by
> > storage/SUBSYS.o.
> > ld64: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "S_LOCK" -- 1st referenced by
> > storage/SUBSYS.o
> >

> > these functions just seem to be implemented for linux/alpha ??
> I'm generally a little dubious when people report a problem in actually
> compiling 'cos of the Irix 6.x bug in ld. However, this guy is using
> gcc, not native Irix cc/ld

From include/storage/s_lock.h:

#if defined(irix5)

    Using tools/ccsym, what shoudl this be set to.  There is no longer
any concept of a "port" at the Makefile level, and hasn't been for over a
month now...From henceforth, its either determined based on what configure
knows about, or the compiler itself...in this case, tools/ccsym will have
to be used to determine what the compiler defines internally and the
settings changed...