Re: [INTERFACES] C++/C interface functions to find tables in a database??? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] C++/C interface functions to find tables in a database???
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Mon, 26 Jan 1998 SN14@chrysler.com wrote:

> I need C/C++ interface functions to find  all tables in a database and all the
> fields in a table.

Check out 'man libpq' for the PQfname() function...you'll want to do a
'SELECT * from <table> WHERE oid = 0'; which will return zero results, but
will give you the fields to grab using PQfname()

Can't help with the tables though...you'll want to look at 'man catalogs'

Another good place to look is psql.c, which has the various 'SELECT'
statements used in psql for calling up tables and whatnot