Re: Need Help Recovering from Botched Upgrade Attempt - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Need Help Recovering from Botched Upgrade Attempt
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Sam Mason wrote:

> What I'd try doing is this: find a 8.1 version of PG (8.1.4 or later) and
> run this against the data you saved off, once this is running you can then
> run 8.3's version of pg_dump against it, then you can restore this dump
> into the new version of PG.

Sam,

   OK. I'm downloading 8.1.13. I'll build this to install in /usr/local.

   If I cd to /usr/local/bin/ and specify 'postgres -D /usr4/pgsql_old/data',
then I can specify /usr/bin/pg_dumpall to use the 8.3.3 version against the
running 8.1.13 server. (Writing to myself, unless there's an egregious error
here. In that case, please let me know!)

   Results when I have them.

Thanks,

Rich