Correct pg_dumpall Syntax - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Correct pg_dumpall Syntax
Date
Re: Correct pg_dumpall Syntax  ("A. Kretschmer" <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com>)
Re: Correct pg_dumpall Syntax  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-general
   I do not see an option on the man page for pg_dumpall that directs it to
the data of a different version on a different filesystem. I would greatly
appreciate learning the correct syntax that will allow me to use the
pg_dumpall from 8.3.3 to extract all data from the 8.1.4 version residing in
/usr4/pgsql_old/data/ and write it to a file (with the -f option) in
/usr4/postgres-backups.

   There are no postmaster or postgres processes running.

Thanks,

Rich