Re: Migration Articles.. ??? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Matthew Wakeling
Subject Re: Migration Articles.. ???
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, sathiya psql wrote:
> I have a database in postgres X.Y which has around 90 tables, and lot of
> data in it.
> In the next version of that product, i had some more tables, so how to
> migrate that,. there may be 150 tables., in that 90 tables, 70 may be the
> same, 20 got deleted, and 80 may be new., i want the 70 tables to have same
> data as it is.,

Please do not cross-post. This question has nothing to do with
performance. (Cross-posting answer so everyone else doesn't answer the
same.)

You'll want to dump the source database selectively, and then reload the
dump into a new database. RTFM on pg_dump, especially the "-t" and "-T"
options.

Matthew

--
All of this sounds mildly turgid and messy and confusing... but what the
heck. That's what programming's all about, really