Re: Direct access to GIST structure - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: Direct access to GIST structure
Date
List pgsql-general
Tim,

we have this in our TODO
http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/wiki/TODO
Current interface doesn't allow tree navigation.
We're looking for sponsorships of this project.

Oleg
On Fri, 4 Apr 2008, Tim Keitt wrote:

> I was wondering if there is a way to get access to the tree structure
> underlying at GIST index? What I would like to do is perform a
> breadth-first search on the tree in order to find nearest neighbors
> (using PostGIS data types). Nearest neighbor searchers are not very
> efficient using only range queries as it is not known a priori how
> large a range to sample. Searching the tree is very fast as the tree
> encode spatial proximity. Is there an API (backend C-level is fine) to
> access a GIST index?
>
> THK

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83