Re: BUG #3968: ssh tunnel instructions could use improvement - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Faheem Mitha
Subject Re: BUG #3968: ssh tunnel instructions could use improvement
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, 26 Feb 2008, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Am Montag, 18. Februar 2008 schrieb Faheem Mitha:
>> ssh -L 333ssh -L 3333:foo.com:5432 joe@foo.com
>>
>> I think this should be changed to
>>
>> ssh -L 3333:localhost:5432 joe@foo.com
>
> Good point.  Please see the updated version at
> http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/ssh-tunnels.html in a few
> minutes.
>
> --
> Peter Eisentraut
> http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/

Hi Peter,

Thanks for agreeing to the change. Your improvements to the page look
good.

At the end, you might want to point out that in the line

ssh -L 63333:db.foo.com:5432 joe@shell.foo.com

the connection from shell.foo.com to db.foo.com will not be encrypted by
the ssh tunnel, at least according to the documentation I've read.

                                                        Take care, Faheem.