Re: Best implementation of PATRICIA - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: Best implementation of PATRICIA
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Patricia as well as other digital trees could be realized using GiST
once we'll have time and support to extend current GiST interface.

For the moment you can use SP-GiST which should have patricia implementation.
http://www.cs.purdue.edu/spgist/.

Oleg
On Sat, 25 Aug 2007, Alex Povolotsky wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm working on a project requiring fast query like 'does ADDRESS belongs to
> SET OF NETWORKS?'. Naturally, such a query is better implemented using
> PATRICIA, but building PATRICIA tree is a relatively long task and is better
> to be done once, for instance, at server startup.
>
> I'm thinking of implementing such a tree using stored procedures, and looking
> for advise from postgresql-hackers: how can I hook startup of server?
>
> Idea of having something like a blob to store and restore PATRICIA tree may
> be better suited to standard SQL, but I'm looking for more elegant solution.
> Or am I totally wrong?
>
> Alex.

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83