Re: Updated tsearch documentation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: Updated tsearch documentation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Oleg Bartunov wrote:
>> Bruce,
>>
>> I sent you link to my wiki page with summary of changes
>> http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/wiki/ts_changes
>>
>> Your documentation looks rather old.
>
> I have updated it to reflect your changes:
>
>     http://momjian.us/expire/fulltext/HTML/textsearch-tables.html

Bruce, I noticed you miss many changes. For example,

options for stemmer has changed (it's documented in my ts_changes),
so in
http://momjian.us/expire/fulltext/HTML/textsearch-tables.html#TEXTSEARCH-TABLES-CONFIGURATION

ALTER TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY en_stem SET OPTION 'english-utf8.stop';

should be

ALTER TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY en_stem SET OPTION
'StopFile=english-utf8.stop, Language=english';

Also, this is wrong

DROP TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION MAPPING ON pg FOR email, url, sfloat, uri, float;

it should be

ALTER TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION pg DROP MAPPING FOR email, url, sfloat, uri, float;

Configuration now doesn't have DEFAULT flag, so \dF should not display 'Y'

=> \dF
pg_catalog | russian  | Y
public     | pg       | Y

This is what I see now