CONSTRAINT name With Domain As Check - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject CONSTRAINT name With Domain As Check
Date
List pgsql-general
   I define a table, Permits, that includes a column for type.

   Permit_Type is a domain with permissible names:

CREATE DOMAIN Permit_Type
   as TEXT
   CHECK (value in ('Environmental', 'Health', 'Safety', 'Occupancy'));

   Can I name that domain check within the Permits table as follows?

CREATE TABLE Permits (
   type Permit_Type
     CONSTRAINT invalid_permit_type
);

   If not, does the constraint name belong in the domain definition?

Rich