Re: Using MS Access front-end with PG] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: Using MS Access front-end with PG]
Date
List pgsql-general
Paul,

we have contrib module mchar, which does what you need. We developed it
when porting from MS SQL one very popular in Russia accounting software.
It's available from http://v8.1c.ru/overview/postgres_patches_notes.htm,
in Russian. I don't rememeber about license, though.

Oleg

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007, Paul Lambert wrote:

> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>

>> You could preface all your queries with something like:
>>
>> select * from foo where lower(bar) = lower('qualifer');
>>
>> But that seems a bit silly.
>>
>> Joshua D. Drake
>>

> I'm trying to avoid having to alter all of my queries, per the OP I've got
> several hundred if not thousands of them and if I have to change them all to
> put lower() around all the text, that is a lot of time.
>
> If I have to do that I will, I'm just curious if there was an ability to tell
> pg to not be case sensitive when doing lookups.
>
> Judging by the responses so far, there is not... so I'll get to work :)

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83