Re: tsearch_core for inclusion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: tsearch_core for inclusion
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 16 Mar 2007, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>> One a related note - will to_tsvector and to_tsquery be renamed to
>> something like ft_parse_text() and ft_parse_query() if tsearch2 goes
>
> Furthering this... perhaps even:
>
> ft_search()
> ft_query()

ts_ means Text Search, I don't think ft_ (Full Text) is better.
Going further it should be fts_ (Full Text Search), but we have
many concerns about compatibility and stability of api, so I'd prefer
to stay with ts_.

The more important is what syntax we should accept for the final patch ?
Original proposed or modified version ?
On
http://mira.sai.msu.su/~megera/pgsql/ftsdoc/fts-syntax-compare.html
they are D.1.2 and D.1.3

As I understood Teodor's proposal about CREATE INDEX command is ok for all.

    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83