Re: plpythonu and PYTHONPATH/sys.path - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Korin Richmond
Subject Re: plpythonu and PYTHONPATH/sys.path
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 6 Mar 2007, Korin Richmond wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Mar 2007, Richard Huxton wrote:
>
>> Korin Richmond wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I want to use python modules I have written in plpythonu.  I can load
>>> these modules in functions within postgres if they are installed in the
>>> "official" python module directories (e.g. /blah/site-packages etc.)
>>>
>>> However, I want to use modules which are in my home file space, but I
>>> can't get this to work.
>>
>> Does user "postgres" have access to your home directory?
>
> Sorry, yes, I forgot to mention I've checked it's not just a permissions
> problem by putting the module in /tmp, readable by everyone, and appending
> "/tmp" to sys.path in the function in the database.  Still complains that the
> module can't be found though :(
>
> (If I fire up python as user postgres, I can import the module from /tmp.)

Arrgh - apologies, I've just realised SELinux was the problem!

Sorry to answer my own query - but thanks for your mail Richard, which set me on
the right track again!

regards,

Korin

Dr. Korin Richmond              Centre for Speech Technology Research
                                    2 Buccleuch Pl, Edinburgh, EH8 9LW
                                              Tel: +44 (0)131 651 1769

http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/ssi/people/korin.html