Re: How to query by column names - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jeff Frost
Subject Re: How to query by column names
Date
List pgsql-sql
I think this is what you're looking for Richard:

SELECT attname FROM pg_attribute pa, pg_class pc  WHERE pc.relname = 't1'    AND pa.attrelid = pc.relfilenode    AND
pa.attisdroppedIS FALSE    AND pa.attnum > 0;

Let me know if it doesn't do what you intended.

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007, Richard Ray wrote:

> This may be a simple but can I create a query such as
>
> select (select attname from pg_attribute where attrelid = (select relfilenode
> from pg_class where relname = 't1') and attisdropped = false and attnum > 0)
> from t1;
>
> I get
> ERROR:  more than one row returned by a subquery used as an expression
>
> Thanks
> Richard

Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC     http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/
Phone: 650-780-7908    FAX: 650-649-1954