Re: src/tools/msvc usage instructions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sergey E. Koposov
Subject Re: src/tools/msvc usage instructions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2 Oct 2006, Jeremy Drake wrote:

> In the bison 2.2 generated code, the #if check is
>
> #if (defined __STDC__ || defined __C99__FUNC__ \
>     || defined __cplusplus || defined _MSC_VER)
>
> which looks like they figured out that they needed to check for MicroSoft
> C explicitly.  I have no idea why they do not define __STDC__ however.

From msdn ( http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/b0084kay.aspx ):

__STDC__
Indicates full conformance with the ANSI C standard. Defined as the
integer constant 1 only if the /Za compiler option is given and you are
not compiling C++ code; otherwise is undefined.

Regards,    Sergey

Sergey E. Koposov
Max Planck Institute for Astronomy/Sternberg Astronomical Institute
Tel: +49-6221-528-349
Web: http://lnfm1.sai.msu.ru/~math
E-mail: math@sai.msu.ru