Re: 7.4 Development - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Martin Marques
Subject Re: 7.4 Development
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Robert Treat wrote:

> On Tuesday 29 August 2006 07:38, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> However I believe 7.4 will not live that long, since none of the RHEL
>> (or like) products contain PostgreSQL 7.4.
>
> I suspect 7.4 will hang on for awhile though as iirc it is the version
> included with Debian stable.  While that doesn't seem like it would mean
> much, I think that was one of the primary drivers of why 7.2 support stayed
> around for so long.

etch is in beta3, so there may be a new stable release, if everything goes
well, by the end of this year, and both 7.4 and 8.1 are at this moment in
etch (don't know if any of them will get whipped away before stable etch
is out).

--
  21:50:04 up 2 days,  9:07,  0 users,  load average: 0.92, 0.37, 0.18