Re: upgrade from 8.0.3 to 8.1.0 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Jeff Frost
Subject Re: upgrade from 8.0.3 to 8.1.0
Date
List pgsql-admin
Dan,

Sure, just bring it up in a different directory and have it listen on a
different port.  You could either dump/restore to get the data over to it or
use a replication tool such as slony or mammoth to do the deed.  The latter
method has the benefit of keeping it up to date while you poke around if you
have a database which gets written to during your switchover time.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC     http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/